Friday, January 8, 2010

Anyone with any BASIC programming experience?

Hello, I have made a few applications for the TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator and I wrote them in c++. I need to make them into BASIC so I can transfer them. I have an idea how to do it but, I don't know how to make a basic program. I know some of the commands, but I need to know how to start and save a project. If someone could point me in the direction of how to start the project, that would be nice...!!!!Anyone with any BASIC programming experience?
Hi. Like most people I my experience with basic goes back to when it was one of the most advanced things you could do on your computer. Basic is still an interpreter though. You don't compile it, you feed it a program which is a text file and it executes it one command at a time. So, here is a tutorial which definitely covers BASIC for the TI calculator -- the TI-83 rather than the TI-84 but it should be doable easily.





You might consider getting ahold of chipmunk basic for your operating system to practice working with an interpreter. It is NOT the same as TI-BASIC but it will make you more confident about putting programs on your calculator (which is considerably more complicated that the multi-million dollar mainframe my sister got her Masters Degree working on back in the sixties).

1 comment: