Friday, January 8, 2010

What is the best Programming Language and Why?

Detailed Answers PleaseWhat is the best Programming Language and Why?
You see... my friend...





I have been told by the Behavians, and, in particular, my extra-terrestrial friend Tan, that the Best programming language is APL. Because... APL is close to Apple, and, you know, the BASTARDS are not paying me enough money to eat food!





So, when I was in the hospital, Tim didn't even call me once! I understand, but they don't even know how to keep livestock, let alone deal with people. And, in the hospital, I had a revelation. One of the lizard people visited me, while I was in the hospital, and told me that the best programming language was Scheme! That one sounds like it could help me to make plans. You know, Tim should really throw me a bone; those people making MILLIONS, and I only get a measly 400 dollars for a show... I really need to have a scheme.





Howard, Robin and Artie didn't even call, and I could be living like a king on the money Howard spends on clothes. I think that there is a SNOBOLs chance in hell that the jew bastard is going to ever give me enough money to eat!





So I think the Best programming languages are APL, Scheme and SNOBOL. Because, well, you know, a fellow's got to take care of himself, right?





Yours Sincerly


Riley Martin.What is the best Programming Language and Why?
Best programming language for *what*?





Flash+Action Script is the best language for creating web animations, but it's useless for driver development.





SQL is the best language for database retrieval but its useless for graphics development.





Assembly is the best language for programming microcontroller interrupt handlers, but its useless for web development.





PROLOG is the best language for solving constraint logic, but it's useless for iPod app development.
C++


=


Why?


-


Object-oriented programming


The possibility to orientate programming to objects allows the programmer to design applications from a point of view more like a communication between objects rather than on a structured sequence of code. In addition it allows a greater reusability of code in a more logical and productive way.


-


Portability


You can practically compile the same C++ code in almost any type of computer and operating system without making any changes. C++ is the most used and ported programming language in the world.


-


Brevity


Code written in C++ is very short in comparison with other languages, since the use of special characters is preferred to key words, saving some effort to the programmer (and prolonging the life of our keyboards!).


-


Modular programming


An application's body in C++ can be made up of several source code files that are compiled separately and then linked together. Saving time since it is not necessary to recompile the complete application when making a single change but only the file that contains it. In addition, this characteristic allows to link C++ code with code produced in other languages, such as Assembler or C.


-


C Compatibility


C++ is backwards compatible with the C language. Any code written in C can easily be included in a C++ program without making any change.


-


Speed


The resulting code from a C++ compilation is very efficient, due indeed to its duality as high-level and low-level language and to the reduced size of the language itself.

1 comment: