Friday, January 8, 2010

If you do programming, what was the first language you learned?

I took up Basic Assembler IBM S360 in 1974.If you do programming, what was the first language you learned?
Basic (this is going a ways back though Texas Instrument days).





I'd recommend if you were starting though to go with either Visual Basic (or perhaps C#). If you can learn C++ or Java, then basically any other language after that is just learning the new syntax (ie: where the brackets go, etc).If you do programming, what was the first language you learned?
HTML


W3 Schools





Visual Basic 2005 (Microsoft)





A bit of PHP and a bit a XHTML
I learned BASIC on a TRS-80 model 1, then a little assembly. (that was about 1981).





In college I learned Pascal and C.





In my professional life I learned C++, some VB and Smalltalk.


Lately I've looked at python some.





Currently I use C++ almost exclusively.





Today I would suggest Python as a first language.
BASIC, QBASIC (DOS)


Visual BASIC (Windows)
C++
c++
I currently program in C, VB, and JAVA. Of all of these, JAVA is the most powerful and versatile. Visual Basic was the easiest to learn and understand. (I think it's syntax is the closest to actual english)
VB, its the easiest, and then HTML.
if you wanna learn programming, start with the low levels like C or Assembly.
MS-Basic (MS-DOS) and then Aztec C (AppleDOS).
I did assembler when I was 12, then I learned C++, now I just do mostly PHP.


Most would think that is the reverse order, well what I can tell ya. I love logic.
  • blonde highlight
  • oil offshore
  • printer ink
  • pink highlight
  • 1 comment: