Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I do c programming in Windows Vista?

The question you are asking is a compatibility issue and it would occur only if you insist on any particular compiler. I myself am an experienced C programmer and I can easily create all my C programs on Windows Vista. Download Turbo C++ IDE from Borland International. Install it. Then run it. It will give you a familiar Blue Screen with NONAME00.CPP on top. The only thing i can tell you is that the full screen facility is no more there. But all other things are still in their place.Can I do c programming in Windows Vista?
Of course you can. The only prerequisites are:





1) If you want an Integrated Development Environment (IDE), then you need to get a Vista Compatible Version of it (I've got Netbeans IDE, and its totally amazing), using the Cygwin GNU C and C++ compilers and linkers.





2) If you do not want to use an IDE, then you just need the C/C++ compilers provide by Cygwin.





3) If you want a Windows only compiler, then try Visual C++ Express Edition. It supports C Language as well.





What does MS-DOS have to do with C-programming?





That's pretty much it.Can I do c programming in Windows Vista?
yes just need a compiler to upload onto the computer; I'm using codewarrior but I've had that for a long time now. Also putty, ssh or any of the popular compilers





P.S. Verify with professor if he/she is requiring a particular compiler to use b/c some compiler may show an error that others may not
Yes, you just need to have the right environments set up, or the right compilers / editors just like programming any other language.
Try using Turbo-C.It is compatible with Vista.
yes u can do c progrmming inn vista.turbo c compiler is enough to run it
Yes
give more information about what are you asking for....


then will try to help you..


i'm waiting....

No comments:

Post a Comment